Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Return

It has been a while since I've been on here...to say the least.  I didn't mean to neglect anyone, and I wasn't going through anything traumatic.  I just didn't feel like posting.  It takes me such a long time to write a post because I rethink everything I say before I make it public knowledge, and the last few months I just didn't feel like putting that much effort into my blog.  However the good thing about it is that if you leave, you can always return.  So here I am.  :)

 Let's see...a quick re-cap of the last few months: I'm still technically a substitute teacher in my area, but since the economy is so low almost no one is calling out sick, so really I am jobless (which, of course, I don't mind).  Ben always jokes that I'm retired now and later on when he retires from the Navy I'll be working to support us.  Probably true.

Ben just returned home from a 5 month deployment a couple of weeks ago. This was our second deployment, and we're about to hit our third before the end of 2012.  In just 3.5 years of marriage we will have endured 3 deployments.  Yes, you read that correctly.  And no, it is not that common, those are just the cards we were dealt.  However, we are still going strong and making the most of our time together.  Here are two pictures of his homecoming (at the airport), taken by my sister-in-law, Holly:



Georgia, our vizsla, is wonderful.  She grows more precious to me everyday, and I was especially thankful for her during each deployment.  It is so nice to always have someone to go home to.  She still has lots of energy, but always loves to cuddle.

Our Big News: we are getting a new addition to our family....another vizsla puppy!!  (Haha, you thought I was going to say a baby).  More on that later once things become final.

In the last week we've started putting in wood floors on our whole first floor.  Ben is a seasoned pro at that, so we will probably finish up in the next week and I will add some pictures.

So now we are about caught-up!  Our lives have been very exciting the last few months, I can't wait to see what's in store for us next.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

It's good to see you back!! :) Wow that is a lot of deployment time for you guys! I am glad to hear you are handling it well! Hopefully after this next one he will be home for awhile! :)