1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. (Now this, I can undoubtedly say, will always be my number 1 read)
2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. (I know. It jumped right up to #2.)
3. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
4. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.
5. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
6. Emma by Jane Austen. (Are you seeing a theme here?)
7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.
8. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
9. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
10. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi.
When I find favorite authors I tend to stick with them. That's why I feel the need to branch out, hoping I can get a few suggestions.