Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy Girl

Well 2 weeks have quickly slipped by and my, my have I been a busy girl. I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower two weekends ago and had a lot of fun watching her open all of the cool presents for the little baby. I'm excited to be an aunt :) I also was home that entire week for Thanksgiving break. I really haven't had time to go home this semester, so it was really nice to be able to just hang out at my house with my family--I sure have missed them.

Most of the week was spent looking for a florist, a baker (which we found!!), and a DJ (which we'll have to take care of over Christmas break). Oh...and I finally got my dress in!!!! We ordered it about 5 months ago, so it was really nice to finally have it. I tried it on again and fell in love with it all over again. I'm such a lucky girl :) Sorry though, no pictures since my fiance reads this...you'll just have to wait (only!) 5 months!! Time is really going by fast.

My mom also took me to see the reception site. I hadn't seen it yet. Long story, but the short of it is that we were in the process of signing with another hotel when they (pretty much) screwed us over and we had to quickly find another place. My parents came to the rescue (because I was already at college) and searched through many others and found a beautiful one!!! Here are some pictures:

The outside

Cocktail area inside

Skylights

The ballroom

Yes, there was a party going on. I am not a creeper. And no it was not a wedding--it was a business party.

More to come later. For now, I've got to get ready for class.



4 comments:

said...

Glad you secured a new venue. They get reserved quickly!

Katherine Klegin said...

I'm getting 'cited!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Can't wait to see your dress! Glad the planning so going more smoothly now!

Anonymous said...

venue looks great!!! soo exciting:)