Monday, September 22, 2008

A quick thought before bedtime

So basically I have noticed that most of my blogs recently have pictures of computers in them. Understand, dear reader, that this. is. my life. Welcome to college 2008. However I don't want you to think that I don't have a life aside from studying. (Perhaps I'm subconsciously taking the time to convince myself of this.) So here's a picture of me and the husband-to-be. Isn't he a cutie?


On Wednesday we're going to have dinner at the Captain's house with two other couples. This will be a regular dining experience, I imagine, for the rest of my life. I went with Ben once before--last year--and found the experience quite enjoyable, once I became comfortable with my surroundings. We will arrive at the house, help set the table with the food the Captain's wife will prepare for us, then we will all sit down to eat and talk, all of this lasting a couple of hours. It is customary at military dinners to not sit next to your partner (in order to encourage you to talk with others). But this is the only custom I never look forward to with these dinners. There are so many things I'm still learning about the military lifestyle.

2 comments:

Katherine Klegin said...

that sounds far too scary for me. i will pass on not sitting with shon. kthanks.

Anonymous said...

Just put on your big girl panties and get used to it. It's going to be a part of your life from now on. I'll bet you'll wow 'em with that terrific sense of humor of yours.