Friday, October 17, 2008

Road Trip!

This morning I woke up at 5:50am, showered, and got on the road with the Bond boys. We travelled to Roanoke to see Barack Obama. *** This is not a political blog and in no way will I try to convince people one way or another. I think people should have opinions, but I don't really agree with those (on both sides) who try to tell other people they're wrong for believing what they believe. I think it's perfectly okay to explain why you believe in something (of course) I just don't like it that people automatically dissociate with you just because you're doing something different than them (in this case voting). Everybody just be nice and vote your way. This election has gotten too ugly lately.***

Anyway, I just thought you might want to see what Obama looks like on a real person's camera. It was cool to see him and because we were there so early (and waiting outside for 2 hours in the freezing rain) we were pretty close to him. So here are some pictures:

The policemen were on horses. I took this picture for my mom.

My travel buddies...and yes...they are twins. I don't know why everyone has to ask them this everywhere they go. (haha)

Barack speaking at the Civic Center



So that's it. The road trip was pretty fun with the boys, although I must admit I was not too happy about waiting outside for 2 hours in the freezing rain. Everyone was pretty wet once we were finally let inside.

Well I'm going to go back to studying for my GRE tomorrow...that was a nice little study break.

1 comment:

Katherine Klegin said...

Good luck on your GRE sissy!! Thanks for cheering me up yesterday.