Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag!

I was tagged by Rachel at Girl Learning along the Way for the Bookworm Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award...so here's my chance to show off my abilities:

Bookworm Award:
The rules are as follows...Pass it on to six other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page as well as the following few sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

So the closest book to me right now is actually The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. (Honestly, who hasn't read this book?)

page 56 says:
"I have some homemade bread that I was planning on."
"Homemade?"
"From a neighbor," he said as he put the pail in the sink. He started the faucet and began to rinse the crabs, holding them under the water, then letting them scurry around the sink while he rinsed the next one. Allie picked up her cup and came over to watch him.


Kreativ Blogger Award:
The rules are to list 6 things you value and 6 things you don't...and then pass this award on to 6 people!

6 things I value:
1. my faith
2. Ben--I'm so lucky to have found him so young
3. my family--I'm very close to them...both immediate and extended families.
4. lifelong friends--It's so great to grow up with some people and still be friends later on while watching each other grow...
5. time to read what I want--it's not so easy to find time to read what I want while in college...I probably won't be able to read a normal book (not a textbook) until this summer.
6. my stupid computer--even though it has a broken screen and has erased itself twice over the past 4 years, I just don't know where I'd be without it...we've been through a lot together :)

6 things I DON'T value:
1. dirty college apartments (I'm very big on hygiene and not getting sick)
2. definitely mornings (I'm so not a morning person)
3. "people who act stupid because they think it's cute" (I got this from Rachel and I definitely agree. It's part of the reason I can't stand Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton because I know they're acting, and it's silly.)
4. cold weather! (I always have to remind myself WHY I chose to go to VT...in the mountains...in the winter)
5. laundry day (I've managed to buy myself enough clothes--and especially underwear--to last for 2 weeks so I don't have to do laundry in all that time--I know this will have to one day change, but for now I'm enjoying it!)
6. the night before a test (aka my procrastination comes back to kick me hard)


So for my 6 bloggers... I will tag:

and anyone else who wants to do it!! Sorry to be lame but I really don't know who else has done this already since I've seen it everywhere...

Enjoy, ladies!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you agree with me about the likes of Paris Hilton!!

And it is really nice to be able to read whatever you want, when you have time.